Monday, November 22, 2010

When I was a child I believed in prayers, believed without doubts. I believed that if I prayed hard enough I could lose weight before the next sunrise, top a subject I hated, have rainbows and sunshine if I prayed hard enough and more. I believed till I was 18 and then skepticism and cynicism reared rebelliously , or maybe it was reality intruding. Whatever the case now I raise my hands in prayer intermittently but I lack the total conviction I had or I convince myself halfway that I don't really need whatever I asked for. Self defense some would say, whatever the rationalization, I want the belief back... and I want it answered....

4 comments:

0mairkhalid said...

it happens when we suffer from a great loss ... n still went thru it when we`d strong belief that we are true at every instant ... had belief in our deeds ... but when the rings in the sky are unanswered .... same happens ... hands raised for prayers but ...... beliefs shattered !!!

0mairkhalid said...

it happens when we suffer from a great loss ... n still went thru it when we`d strong belief that we are true at every instant ... had belief in our deeds ... but when the rings in the sky are unanswered .... same happens ... hands raised for prayers but ...... beliefs shattered !!!

wordsinvoiced said...

i so agree with u...dis has been happening with me as well....that watever i ask for....i dont have the believe that ill get it,i just go on repeating the same things that r in my list but i dont have that firm faith that i cant be unanswered...i feel shallow...
dont know wats the reason....

Abdul 'ADB' Baseth said...

Wishes are like butterflies.

The more you chase them the further they elude you..

Try sitting still and they come to you on their own.