Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's a simplest thing, always so hard to see.

At times we become friends with the most unlikely people in the most unpredictable manner. Too many times friendships break for the most unfathomable reasons. I don’t understand how people can break off relationships which took ages to form in the blink of an eye. It takes a lot of personal investment to form a relationship of any sort. You invest time, attention and most importantly a lot of your own self in the process. One would suppose that if for nothing else then personal benefit people would try to sustain it and yet they don’t.

While I can talk to people as long as I desire, as much as I wish there are very few where I become emotionally involved. However when this does happen then I embark on this journey of exploration of ‘us’ with permanence in mind. Naive, maybe, idiotic definitely! I never for a moment imagine that I would lose touch with you or that you wouldn’t be a very important part of my life for as long as I breathe. It took me this perverted place to realize that is not so. This realization was like measles, the earlier you have it, the better it is for the sufferer and yet I still don’t comprehend.


I am not your friend because I hope to gain some material advantage from you or because I cant find a more profitable way to while away the hours. I am your friend because I care and that is something which you don’t have the brains to figure out… yet or so I hope.

After a fight if I care enough to call and continue as if nothing happened it doesn’t mean I don’t have an ego, neither does it imply that you won some battle of wits for there are none involved.  Unfortunately logic never had much to do with how I feel about you.

Despite all this I have reached the end of my tether. I have tried my best to make you understand, maybe I haven’t been able to get my point across, maybe you don’t want to see the point. Whatever the reason, even for you there is a limit to what I can put up with without becoming bitter and I have reached that limit. So much as it pains me, much as I don’t want to, I need to.. let go. I need to stop but I will wait for you to come to your senses, if you ever do.

Hurry up though for I don’t know how long I will be here.




3 comments:

Yahya said...

Masterpiece!
Good to see a mind on the paper : )

-Yahya

Nostalgic said...

I could relate to it :) .. Its annoying to see people messing up relationships as if they've got no sanity!

SIGH ..

Eddie said...

stumbled to your blog. Very interesting. Will read through and comment. Very simplistic and to the point style of poetry. impressive.