Monday, June 28, 2010

This is something else..

I like to see my life as this chain of events. Some people like to see life as it is in that moment, disregarding the past or the future. But I can never do that. I see myself as a product of everything that has happened to me in my life. I can even pin-point traits and attach them to certain significant pieces of my past (Yes, I'm thatself-obsessed sometimes).



So recently, one self-indulgent Sunday, I realized I had seen a lot of moments in my life where I thought "This is it. This is what I've been looking for all my life. This is going to fix everything and it's going to be all sunshine and rainbows from know. I can just feelit." Anyone who has been reading this blog for a while would know exactly what I'm talking about. Invariably, such things would blow up in my face and I'd end up feeling like a complete idiot. But I'd still think it the next time.


Then finally I reached this point where I said "Fuck this shit. There's no such things as contentment". I saw it as an illusions we were fed with to keep us going, but in fact, life is just a ladder that we keep climbing thinking the next rung will be the last, only to find a new challenge. And then we die and never really find out what the fuss was all about. Cynicism, as you might call it.



But this last month, a really important person taught me this really important thing. Life is not a ladder. Life is not about growth. It's a journey (excuse the cliche). And it's not really about getting somewhere. Sometimes it's like an obstacle course, sometimes it's like this beautiful oasis and you want to stay there forever. But you have got to move on. And what matters is not that you couldn't stay, but that you were there.














7 comments:

Scribblers Inc said...

helluva blog...and the top bar looks stunning...I almost decided to add you up on gtalk, but then decided against it for obvious reasons...but heres a shoutout: COOL BLOG! :)

wishes
Scribblers Inc.

nZ! said...

contentment doesn't last for very long, every time we reach one of our goals, or every time one of our wishes get fulfilled, we have another prayer to ask for, another goal to strive hard for, and this continues...

Rahul Jemal said...

Heyy Pashh,,

Its quite sometime since we had a ping. Found ur latest blog and as usual u always rock. Then for what u said I do agree. But I have my own way to describe it. For me life is marathon where whoever finishes it are winners irrespective of the finishing time. Bcoz everyone starts at different time so main factor is to finsh and never quit!!! There will be hell lot of things which pulls u back but keep moving on. And looking forward to your stunning blogs..

Regards
Rahul

Divaa Divine said...

congratulations - you ve made it to where you are and there will be a beyond this :)

Palwasha N. Minhas said...

Scribblers Inc. : Thank you so much! :)

nZ!: Such is life.

Palwasha N. Minhas said...

Rahul: Omg! Look who's here! Where have you been?

Palwasha N. Minhas said...

AD: InshAllah. :)