Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ouh, The Chutney.

I went for lunch to family friends place yesterday. Lying on the lunch table I saw a bowl of a red chutney. Upon inquiry I found out that I was to be very careful with it, and that it was quite spicy.


The arrogant part of me took up the challenge, as im quite proud of my spice eating abilities. I took a big dollop of it on my plate and dipped my roti (bread) into it generously.


In under a minute, my eyes were watering and my nose had turned red. Alarm bells were ringing in my head, as my brain threatened to stop functioning unless I drank some icey cold water. I took a sip from my glass, enviously glancing at the coke bottle a few feet away from me.




I did finish the chutney eventually. Ah. Twas awesome.








6 comments:

Maryam Zahoor... said...

LOL! Ego drives man.. ya, even women to crazy extents :P

Maryam Zahoor... said...

LOL! Ego drives man.. ya, even women to crazy extents :P

Maliha Haider said...

I want to see you with that funny looks .. He-Ha :D

Nikita said...

hahahehe...

ur pic would have done better justice..

Palwasha N. Minhas said...

Maryam: I know, lol But I've had some ubber spicy food pehlay bhi.. but this uffffff!!

When I was 11-12 I used to have green chillies with almost all the meals. And at times even have had red chilli sprinkled over curry. O.o

Palwasha N. Minhas said...

Maliha and Nikita: you guys are so mean :P