Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Summer Lovin'

We tend to get so engrossed in doing absolutely nothing of any supreme importance, that we stop looking around us at the sky slowly turning into grey, giving his lover, monsoon, a chance to emerge in all her beauty. We forget to stop and just breathe, and make something magical out of the long hot summer days. Here’s something I saw on a friend’s site. What are the things I WILL try and accomplish this summer? 


I will sing and dance in the rain at least once, forgetting my dislike of icky wet clothes. 


I will continue this summer project started by my friend.


I will enjoy the wedding season to the max, and dance away-I only live once. 


I will spend at least 2 rainy afternoons just sitting in my room with tea and the book of the moment.


I will make as many plans as I can with my lovely friends.


I will continue my yoga.



I will make ami happy, more often. 


I will think of how many ways I am more at peace at my current status. 


I will count my blessings.


I will try in my own little way to make people think, or question, or express.


I will pray more.


I will soak in family fun this summer.


I will start taking pictures of random things, again.


I will read more.


I will paint my room in my favorite color of the moment. 


I will wear all the bright colors, I always thought would not suit my skin tone.


I will eat lots of melon and falsas. 




I will do lots more, but for now, why dont you guys tell me what you will or won't do? 

7 comments:

Rasha said...

Love this! I agree on so many of them.

Read more, pray more, take better pictures, love harder, pray each moment.

Sara.H said...

This is a really good blog Palwasha.. I am glad im following it and nice post there :) i feel so good right now.. i am also thinking to plan out something for this summers :D

The Beautifier said...

Some Lovely thoughts! Thanks for sharing gurlie xoxo

Johana Hill said...

Hey thanks for passing by!

What I'm planning to do this month, are to lose weight (duh!), visit the library, pray, be nicer to my husband, spend less time on the laptop and internet, and take proper care of my face! It needs tending. High time. ;p

immi said...

Wise step. I hope it helps. You're one of the most dissatisfied people in life & Peace of mind is hard to get for you. Good luck with the to do list. :-)

2ndly summers suck. 3-5 hour load shedding, intense humidity in afternoons .

My to do list for summers: Chill more. :D


p.s. I don't like the color theme this time. It hides the text from dark with darker.

Nikita said...

Is it you in Ami'wali pic..u ahve a cuteeee smile...

I AM NOBODY said...

Just happened to end up here...your blog is very beautiful! Lots of lovely words to ponder over! And some not so lovely stuff ;)-but I am in agreement with you on most of it...

sad for you in some-even though you don't strike me as a person in need of even the smallest bit of sympathy(very strong willed and smart mashaAllah)...

and right there with ya in others like the F.U. post :D I feel like that A LOT!)

Take Care